Tuesday 3 November 2009

This makes me somewhat uncomfortable

First post....yay?!?! ?!
Well, I guess I will start by saying that I am not sure how I feel about putting myself and my life and my inability to succinctly articulate my thoughts (or to spell succinctly without doing a google search using the closest phonetic equivalent) out there for anyone to read. But I will try.
First off, I love it here despite the weather, the bother of living on the peace line, and the stress of working in this community. I could really see myself doing this kind of work for the rest of my life. I hope I find a locale with better weather though. I don't think I could live in Belfast for the rest of my life, but maybe I will feel differently once I experience spring and summer. Also, if I owned or rented my own place I could control how long the heat is on during the day....which would be all day and not just for a few hours in the morning and evening. As I write I have a blanket on my lap, and I usually where a long sweater over my other clothes. I understand why everyone drinks tea or coffee constantly here--its warm! Another thing that is really really bothersome is the fact that it is 4:30 and its already getting dark. Yeah, not ok.

5 comments:

  1. If you move somewhere warm we will be more likely to come visit you but if you consider this... where in the world is there a paradise that has conflict? Conflict in Hawaii? I hear you on the 4:30 thing. I think this is a great journey for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,
    I'm a friend of your parents and heard from your mom that you were starting a blog and immediately checked it out. What a great idea! You are a good writer and funny... and no one can spell succinctly without looking it up (I had to scroll up to see yours). This path you've chosen is amazing and interesting and reading about it will be very entertaining.
    Hats off to you! Okay- scratch that... keep your hat on, or you'll get too cold. How about cheers to you instead.
    Best of luck!
    Heather McGuire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favorite uncle5 November 2009 at 14:42

    Your Uncle Tom is on board. Hello from home. We will not notice your typing errors if you will ignore ours. Less heat helps with "going green", doesn't it? Well, you are in the land of green now? The boidy adjusts in time.

    Sseriously, take care and keep bloggin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting! I hope that I can keep up with this because it makes me feel more connected to home.
    Favorite Uncle Tom, don't let Uncle Rob hear you talk like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your second favorite Uncle9 November 2009 at 22:35

    OK. I would have to agree that Uncle Rob deserves to be your favorite. He's actually earned it, so I'll understand and be happy with being second favorite. Mom always liked him best too.

    I was with Uncle Rob Saturday evening at the UC vs. UConn football game and what a show it was. We had a great time. Everything - the game (nationally televised in primetime), the outcome (UC won), the stadium (not a bad seat in the house), the crowd (sold out), the weather (in the 50's) - could not have been better. The game's attendance (35,100) and being rated among the top five teams in the country are school records.

    Keep a'bloggin'.

    GrĂ¡im,

    Uncle Tom

    ReplyDelete